8.01.2011

08.01.11

I feel like I'm off to a great start for the month of August with my scrapping.  I actually got a layout done this afternoon while the kiddos napped...in fact they still are, so I'm going to post it now =).  I've been super excited to see some color combos in the last few weeks over at Color Combos Galore that have been right up my alley, as I love bright colors.  This past week was no exception...and when I saw it I knew exactly which photos to use.  I also had this fun lace paper from KI Memories that I've been hoarding for several years now, and this was the perfect opportunity to break it out of my stash.  So using the following color combo...


I used some photos of Paolina that I took at the end of this past May.  As usual she wanted to be like her big brother, so since Santiago was snacking on manzanas (apples) then she of course wanted to as well.  She still didn't have teeth so she just gnawed and sucked onto an apple slice for at least 15 minutes until there was no juice left.


Also, I wanted to post the two layouts I got done last week, both for Colorful Creations.  This first one uses a photo that I was fortunate enough to get of Paolina napping this past March.  There is just something super sweet about babies sleeping.  I've tried so many times to get pictures of both my little ones napping and have only been successful once with each.

And this second layout has pictures of Santiago two summers ago playing in a backyard kiddie pool with my cousins' boys when we went out to visit them in Des Moines.  Coincidentally, Santiago was almost the exact same age in these photos as Paolina is now, so it was fun to compare their similarities & differences at that age.  Not only did I submit this to Colorful Creations but also to Let's Scrap for their Fancy Pants Challenge using a Let's Scrap sketch.

There are lots of fun challenges already going on at Colorful Creations this month, and I predict more gorgeous color combos at Color Combos Galore so I'm sure I will be posting more projects soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment