2.03.2012

Let's Scrap Blog Hop

So who else is participating in the Let's Scrap's Blog Hop? Not only am I hosting one of the stops, but I figured since I love making cards I ought to participate myself. Even though we have the entire month to make the cards, I wasn't sure if I would be able to find the time to make any at all. We just put our house on the market last week, and this week we started showing it. Personally, I feel awkward staying in the house when people come to view it, so all week long I've been shuffling the kids outside for most of the day. Talk about being thankful for living in Southern California with the temps in the 70s! And of course, Santiago & Paolina have been in 7th heaven spending almost all day long playing outside. However it's caused a bit of a problem for me trying to get housework done...and let's not even talk about what it's done for my creative time lol! But somehow or another I've managed to maintain a perfectly clean house, done multiple loads of laundry, kept my family fed, and wait for it...made three cards! So I thought I would share what I created, and if you haven't already been inspired by the sketches and amazing examples out there, maybe these would give you a little additional motivation to join in on the fun!
 
From the sketch at Stop #7 (Margaret's blog) I created this thank you note to send to my mom's best friend who just gave me an entire set of dishes that coordinates with a set my grandmother gave me. How generous is that!

Using the sketch at Stop #6 (Debby De Wilde's blog) I made another thank you note for a friend who was gracious enough to loan me her car for a week while she was vacationing in the Bahamas. My husband takes our only car to work during the week, meaning if I can't walk there I can't go there...so it was such a blessing to have a vehicle to run errands with the kids for a week!

And then today, using the sketch from Stop #15 (Debbie Butcher's blog) I was able to make this lovely Valentine to send to my mother and father-in-law.

Since it's Super Bowl weekend, it might be a challenge to find the time to make any more cards, but I'll of course make every effort to squeeze the time in!  Happy Friday everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jenessa, as usual your work is gorgeous. hope you have a great day & that your plans for your house and sale, come true. xxoo andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janessa1 I am absolutely loving your work! I want to let you know that I chose you for the Liebster Blog Award. Stop by my blog for the details!

    ReplyDelete