7.31.2012

Colorful Creations July Challenges

There were lots of fun challenges over at Colorful Creations the last two months. I just wish I could have found the time to participate in all of them. But our summer has been incredibly busy with kid's birthday parties, baby showers, BBQs and beach days filling up every weekend and many weekdays. Not that I'm complaining...it's fun to spend time with each other & our friends and to celebrate all these special occasions, but it certainly does cut into my scrappy time! But I did manage to squeeze in time to complete the following challenges

This first layout was for the "Plus Challenge" For July it was a "plus two" challenge which meant white plus two other colors...red and blue in honor of Independence Day. Not only were we required to use only those three colors, but we were also given a sketch (which I  modified to accommodate a two-page spread) and we needed to use stars & stripes on our layouts.


I really enjoy the "Twisted Blueprint" challenges so I was glad to have found time to also complete a layout for Twisted Blueprints #3.

And the last challenge I was able to complete in the last 6 weeks was for the "Inspired Challenge" for July. What I love about these challenges is that you can use whatever elements in the picture happen to inspire you. For me it was the colors red, pink & white and the polka dots (which I translated into circles).




1 comment:

  1. I love the last layout so much - it is a perfect girlie page!

    ReplyDelete