3.05.2013

Changes

Wow I can't beieve it's been over a month since I have been able to post! The first three months of this year have just flown by. If you have been following, then you know that after 3 months of being unemployed my husband accepted a position in Dallas, TX. I have had mixed emotions over all of it. Happy for him to be working again, relieved to not be struggling to live off unemployment, food stamps & WIC, excited to be near both of our parents...but I have been more than sad to leave Southern California for many many reasons. We have left our dear friends and church family, an amazing climate, and a culture that I feel fits me  like a glove. For years I have felt as though I were a native Californian and had hoped to raise my children there, retire there and to even die there. Alas, God had other plans for me and my family...so here we are in Texas. I have yet to form a good opinion of my current situation, as I am still consumed with unpacking boxes and completing all the tedious and time-consuming tasks associated with a move to a new state (finding a new church, getting Santiago enrolled in school, getting a new driver's license, applying for a new business license, finding ALL new doctors...and the list goes on!)

But on a good creative note, I was able to get my new crafting area pretty much unpacked and organized, and I have already completed two layouts for upcoming design team work. Looks like March 15th will be my official day back from my "leave of absence" from the scrappy world!

I also have some very exciting news! The founder of Sketches With Color has decided to step down from the position of administrator. We are of course very sad to see her go...although we know we will still see her working hard at her various other endeavors. And you can read her message of farewwll here. But this does not mean the blog will be closing...quite to the contrary! On April 1st I will officially become the new admistrator of SWC! Please read my announcement and introduction here.

And if that's not enough change for you...we are also running a Design Team call on the blog. All the information can be found here.

Whew! Lots to get you all caught up on since I have been away for a month! I look forward to posting my projects again later this month...

1 comment: