3.15.2016

Pixels and Paper

Happy Tuesday everyone. I can't believe how long it's been since I posted! I've actually been doing a lot of scrapbooking, but just have not found the time to get on here and share it. However, today I have the perfect reason to get back in the swing of things...I'm so honored to be the March Guest Designer over at Pixels and Paper Challenge Blog.

This month's challenge was to use create a monochromatic layout or other project using inspiration from the following image. It does not have to be brown like the photo, but it must be monochromatic.


The first thing I noticed about the photo was the latte art, which inspired me to create a page with lots of circles with hearts in the middle. My mind then wandered to a layout created by Missy Whidden, that I had seen some months ago. Quite honestly, I've wanted to lift her page ever since I laid eyes on it and to also try the technique she used to create her circles. And this is what I came up with...

If you would like to see her technique for creating those super cool mixed media circles, she made a tutorial that's on YouTube that you can check out here. And of course I hope that the Pixels and Paper March challenge will give you some inspiration as well. You can play along and link up your project through March 31st.


No comments:

Post a Comment